Bösendorfer Standard Models
Bösendorfer grand pianos, which are available as models 170, 185, 200, 214, 225, 280 and 290, are not only played at famous concert halls throughout the world, but are also the first choice in the area of music teaching and private music.
Bösendorfer has established high standards in the world of music. The unending richness of the sound and variation of the tones, the unmistakable timbre and enormous potential and dynamic of Bösendorfer grand pianos make these instruments suitable for many different settings. They are played in the intimacy of the home, for teaching music, for soloist performances and as concert instruments for chamber music with a full orchestra.
A Bösendorfer is special
L. Bösendorfer Klavierfabrik GmbH is a magnet.
Whenever pianists are performing in Vienna, they come and visit us. Even when singers like José Carreras and Dianne Reeves are in Vienna, they stop by and look in. This intimate relationship with the music world is the fabric from which the Bösendorfer company is made.
Our staff are also part of the Bösendorfer fabric. Absorbed by enthusiasm for the product and capable of supreme craftsmanship, they create – using the best available materials – our grand pianos with their distinctive rich sound.
But it is not only our dovetailed philosophy and manufacturing processes and our dedication to quality that make a Bösendorfer grand piano special. A Bösendorfer is different.
Hallmarks of Bösendorfer grand pianos:
• they are built by hand in Vienna, the music capital of the world
• they are built using the highest possible proportion of sound-spruce
• they have a screwed-on capo d’astro bar in the treble
• they have single stringing
• Bösendorfer’s “resonating box principle”, which views the whole instrument as a cohesive sound unit, produces our uniquely rich tone colour and characteristic singing timbre
• the open wrest-plank ensures excellent tunability and tuning stability due to the optimum fit of the tuning pins in the wrest-plank